The customer wanted to use the space available by having a base cabinet fitted with access to the existing corner cabinet already in place.
I suggested a 400 mm cabinet with door to match. I will cut the side panel to access through to the existing cabinet.
Once fitted and screwed in place a shelf was added and the surrounding trims fixed in place to cover the gaps.
The customer wants to paint the cabinet and trim, nice and tidying with minimal cost. Cabinet £45 from Howdens and £65 to fit.
A bit of a tricky one. Certainly had to make sure the lines where straight as would look a mess, especially as this is a feature wall. Small tiles make it even harder.
Sourced and fitted UPVC window, got from Discount DIY in Middlesbrough, they have a load in the yard, different sizes so have to find one that fits. This one was almost a perfect fit. By the time I’ve finished, with a coat of paint, all looks great!
Finished off with a plaster skim, once dry will blend in making a one door entrance. Just needs painting now. Nice.
This chimney breast had damp coming through the plaster and the customer wanted it covering over with new. So I suggested dry walling over and plastering.
I used 3×2 stud wall timber to the breast area keeping the timber spaced away from the surface with plastic so that the wood would not absorb the moisture.
I also made a cut for ventilation.
Next I added the plaster board.
Corner trim is added
Next part of the job is to plaster.
Then finish of with skirting and cover over the air vent.
As you can see the leak had affected the laminate flooring, so time to replace. The customer wanted floor tiles and for the pipes to be boxed in under the towel rail.
Once l had the tiles stuck down, l was ready to grout.
I boxed in the pipes read to tile over.
Nice job. Completed in a day and half. Floor tiling by Chris.
There was a small hole in the plaster board where the old heating pipes had been capped off. So cutting a square I fitted a new piece. Then a quick skim over with plaster. Much better.
The customer wanted to remove the large boxed in area under the window in order to make more space. I suggested moving the toilet & wash basin around so the waste from the toilet was closer to the down pipe. The supply to the basin was chased in which allowed the positioning to be directly under the window.
Removed the utilities & opened up the boxing in, to view the waste & supply.
I have already removed the toilet was, but you can see the down pipe. Once I was happy with the pipe work re design I boxed in as tight as possible and started tiling.
The customer wanted lino tiles place for the flooring so, I added some 5 mm ply as a clean surface to work on. Once I had placed the flooring tiles I continued with fitting the toilet & wash basin to the new positions.
Hi Chris. All looks great. The floor tiles just make a particular bold feature and the work you did on the sloped box just adds to the space. Happy customer.
I don’t like heights but this guttering is on a terraced house in Middlesbrough, so not too high. Cleared the debris all the way through to the down pipe.
Fitted this timber to the existing banister as the gap was too wide and dangerous for small children.
With a coat of paint and a bit of filling this will look smart.