The bricks on the drive have come loose and need re positioning correctly and securing.
So, time to remove all the loose bricks and sort the background out. Having found all the bricks and cleared the base out, I re laid the background and levelled with sharp sand. The edging bricks are to be set in cement to hold everything in place.
There that’s better. I later added some top soil to cover over the sand, just need some grass seed and all will look fantastic in the summer.
Ikea Wardrobe to assemble and cut down to fit floor to ceiling height.
This is an interesting job, the wardrobe from Ikea is 30 mm higher than the floor to ceiling height.
So, we have to cut the sides of the unit from the base end so we can get it in to fit between the floor and the ceiling. Luck is on our side as there is an area under the baseboard we can cut, which will mean there will be no base plinth cover at the front but that’s okay because the base will be 12 mm off the floor anyway.
Also, to bear in mind that the unit will have to be assembled upright, not lying on the floor, as we will not be able to tilt it back to the wall, the height of the top side will hit the ceiling.
Having assembled the unit we cut away the skirting to the edge of where the wardrobe is going to be positioned so the back of the unit is flush with the wall. We now secure the unit to the wall with the system Ikea provides checking the vertical level first.
There, the job is done. It actually took longer to fit, assemble all the shelving, draws and internal units than to assemble and fit the wardrobe carcass itself!
Now that’s a flush fit!
Sometimes a job requires going up a ladder.
The customer needs the guttering cleared and at this time of year, it’s the leaves falling off the trees that need clearing out. I personally don’t mind going up to a ladder but care must be taken to make sure the ladder is placed correctly and on a level hard surface.
Here I am going up, I have a standoff attached and a person to be at the base of the ladder to add weight and stability.
Right, let’s get those gutter cleared.
The customer wants the rotten timbers replacing with new boards to the front of his shed.
So let’s get to it, take some measurements and get the timber from JT Atkinson builders merchants. Having removed the old boards from the front I can see that the timber frame is also rotten along the base and up the 3×2 stud work. I will have to cut the old and replace with new.
The 3×2 frame is rotten along the base and up the vertical studs.
There now it’s time to fit the boards to match in with the existing Shiplap.
Job done, including using up the leftover shiplap board and replacing it on the door to match in.
Now to get the rotten timber to the skip. All in a day’s work.
Enappsys Ltd have moved to their new office and have rather a lot of office furniture to assemble as it’s all flat pack! Over 50 items to assemble, tables & office chairs, cabinets & cupboards. Well, let’s make a start.
Two solid days to get this lot built. Job done.
Got shot of all the cardboard packing & boxes aswell. Good job!
The customer wanted to tile around the kitchen cooking hob.
So here we go. I’ve made a start having prepared the area.
Next to carry on and leave for the adhesive to dry.
Now time to grout, which is a light grey and finished off with a trim to go around the edge.
Nice job, looks great and the customer is very pleased.
The customer wanted new laminate flooring put down and to replace the skirting, which is a good idea to hide the edging of the laminate floor as a gap should always be left at the edge to slow for expansion.
The old laminate flooring and skirting is removed.
As you can see the leak had affected the laminate flooring, so time to replace. The customer wanted floor tiles and for the pipes to be boxed in under the towel rail.
Once l had the tiles stuck down, l was ready to grout.
I boxed in the pipes read to tile over.
Nice job. Completed in a day and half. Floor tiling by Chris.
There was a small hole in the plaster board where the old heating pipes had been capped off. So cutting a square I fitted a new piece. Then a quick skim over with plaster. Much better.
The customer wanted to remove the large boxed in area under the window in order to make more space. I suggested moving the toilet & wash basin around so the waste from the toilet was closer to the down pipe. The supply to the basin was chased in which allowed the positioning to be directly under the window.
Removed the utilities & opened up the boxing in, to view the waste & supply.
I have already removed the toilet was, but you can see the down pipe. Once I was happy with the pipe work re design I boxed in as tight as possible and started tiling.
The customer wanted lino tiles place for the flooring so, I added some 5 mm ply as a clean surface to work on. Once I had placed the flooring tiles I continued with fitting the toilet & wash basin to the new positions.
Hi Chris. All looks great. The floor tiles just make a particular bold feature and the work you did on the sloped box just adds to the space. Happy customer.
I don’t like heights but this guttering is on a terraced house in Middlesbrough, so not too high. Cleared the debris all the way through to the down pipe.
Fitted this timber to the existing banister as the gap was too wide and dangerous for small children.
With a coat of paint and a bit of filling this will look smart.