The customer wants an entrance made through wall into garage. The door, which is supplied measures 760mm wide. So need to cut width to include door frame. Also the floor in the garage is a different level to the floor in the kitchen so this has to be taken into account when cutting the height to include lintel as well.
The customer does not like the textured ceilings in his house in Ingleby Barwick.
That’s not a problem. Having scraped of any extreme high points I applied a PVA coat. Right, let’s get a mix on and start plastering.
There, just one more smoothing over before the plaster dries.
That looks better.
Plastering & skimming over. Contact Chris. 07947125983
The old wooden lintel over the garage door has rotten away leaving the brick work over to sag and bow. It’s in quite a dangerous state.
First thing to do is hire an acrow bar, from Andy Hire, and get that brick work back to it’s level position & supported.
Having cleared out the old rotten lintel, I took the measurements for new concrete & wooden lintels, the wooden to sit behind the concrete one under the second course of bricks and over the garage door frame. I used wood so that I can screw the door frame back under to straighten.
Both lintels had to cut down to size.
Time to fit the lintels into place, I use slate to pack under, at the ends, and above to the brick work so I can get cement into the gap. It meant lifting the bricks further, so cranked up the acrow.
All looking good. Time to remove the acrow and get cement in. I use a method to get the cement into the space’s by using a builders bag and a sloppy mix, a bit like funneling icing onto a cake.
All good. Time to clear up and the brush off the drying cement.
Looking good, certainly level & without the bow.
The customer wanted to board over the fireplace and plastered over to make good.
This chimney breast had damp coming through the plaster and the customer wanted it covering over with new. So I suggested dry walling over and plastering.
I used 3×2 stud wall timber to the breast area keeping the timber spaced away from the surface with plastic so that the wood would not absorb the moisture.
Next I added the plaster board.
Next part of the job is to plaster.
Then finish of with skirting and cover over the air vent.
As you can see the leak had affected the laminate flooring, so time to replace. The customer wanted floor tiles and for the pipes to be boxed in under the towel rail.
Once l had the tiles stuck down, l was ready to grout.
I boxed in the pipes read to tile over.
Nice job. Completed in a day and half. Floor tiling by Chris.
The customer wanted to remove the large boxed in area under the window in order to make more space. I suggested moving the toilet & wash basin around so the waste from the toilet was closer to the down pipe. The supply to the basin was chased in which allowed the positioning to be directly under the window.
Removed the utilities & opened up the boxing in, to view the waste & supply.
I have already removed the toilet was, but you can see the down pipe. Once I was happy with the pipe work re design I boxed in as tight as possible and started tiling.
The customer wanted lino tiles place for the flooring so, I added some 5 mm ply as a clean surface to work on. Once I had placed the flooring tiles I continued with fitting the toilet & wash basin to the new positions.
Hi Chris. All looks great. The floor tiles just make a particular bold feature and the work you did on the sloped box just adds to the space. Happy customer.
I don’t like heights but this guttering is on a terraced house in Middlesbrough, so not too high. Cleared the debris all the way through to the down pipe.
Fitted this timber to the existing banister as the gap was too wide and dangerous for small children.
With a coat of paint and a bit of filling this will look smart.
Boxed in the supply and waste pipes in this on suite shower room and fitted the skirting using 7 inch Taurus. Before and after. Looking better.
Completed the job fitting 32 metres of 7 inch skirting to this property in Thornaby. The detail under the bay window was fitted by cutting the board into segments to make the bend, then the gaps were filled with plaster to smooth off.