The old laminate and skirting is removed to make way for the new.
Having prepared the area the job to get the new skirting starts, and when that is good the skirting is fitted, which nicely covers the gap left between the laminate boards and the wall.
Nice job, the customer is very pleased.
The door frame is not wide enough to fit the oak veneer door by 40mm and you can only trim the door by 12mm. So we decided to widen the door frame. Once done the frame was fitted back with only a small amount of trimming to do to the door. With dressing and frame completed. Nice door.
The Chimney breast in the bedroom was in need of sorting. So fitted plaster board & angle bead and plastered over. Much better looking.
The old toilet had to go.
Removed and replaced with a new one from B&Q.
I filled in where the old tank fill was and plastered over.
Oasis Dental Care wanted a large bush removed. Now you see it.
Now it’s gone!
Removed old door and replaced with an external fire door, which will need painting. This saved the landlord a few hundred pounds.
Fitted the lock, job done.
The customer wanted to use the space available by having a base cabinet fitted with access to the existing corner cabinet already in place.
I suggested a 400 mm cabinet with door to match. I will cut the side panel to access through to the existing cabinet.
Once fitted and screwed in place a shelf was added and the surrounding trims fixed in place to cover the gaps.
The customer wants to paint the cabinet and trim, nice and tidying with minimal cost. Cabinet £45 from Howdens and £65 to fit.
A bit of a tricky one. Certainly had to make sure the lines where straight as would look a mess, especially as this is a feature wall. Small tiles make it even harder.
Sourced and fitted UPVC window, got from Discount DIY in Middlesbrough, they have a load in the yard, different sizes so have to find one that fits. This one was almost a perfect fit. By the time I’ve finished, with a coat of paint, all looks great!
Finished off with a plaster skim, once dry will blend in making a one door entrance. Just needs painting now. Nice.
This chimney breast had damp coming through the plaster and the customer wanted it covering over with new. So I suggested dry walling over and plastering.
I used 3×2 stud wall timber to the breast area keeping the timber spaced away from the surface with plastic so that the wood would not absorb the moisture.
I also made a cut for ventilation.
Next I added the plaster board.
Corner trim is added
Next part of the job is to plaster.
Then finish of with skirting and cover over the air vent.
There was a small hole in the plaster board where the old heating pipes had been capped off. So cutting a square I fitted a new piece. Then a quick skim over with plaster. Much better.